Java Citronella oil is one of the essential oils obtained from the leaves and stems of different species of Cymbopogon (lemongrass). The oil is used extensively as a source of perfumery chemicals such as citronellal, citronellol, and geraniol. These chemicals find extensive use in soap, candles and incense, perfumery, cosmetic, and flavouring industries throughout the world. Java Citronella used as a successful spray-on deterrent against pets destroying household items.
United States Environmental Protection Agency considers oil of citronella as a biopesticide with a non-toxic mode of action
• Glass bowl or container
• Decorations of your choice. You can use anything! (Lemon peels, orange peels, cinnamon sticks, lavender, rosemary, flower petals, river rocks, etc.)
• 20 drops Citronella essential oil
• 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
• 1 tablespoon witch hazel
• Water to top off glass bowl or container
• 1 unscented floating candle
Add witch hazel, Citronella, and Lemongrass essential oil to the bowl.
Fill in the remaining bowl space with water.
After placing your bowl outside, top it off with the floating candle and light it to create a cozy, aromatic
ambiance you and your guests can enjoy throughout the evening.